• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Mad Max Fury Road Review

You should listen to the NPR "review"/plug for it (you know your movie sucks when your are promoting it on NPR. LOL) It was all about the feminist angle of the movie, and the writer of the VAGINA MONOLOGUES was a screenwriter on it (!?!?!?!!), talking about a MAD MAX MOVIE's statement on the exploitation of women and feminist empowerment. A MAD MAX MOVIE... Was there really a motorcycle gang of grandmas in the movie?

I don't think I'll even rent it...

There was a Granny Biker Gang yes, and to be perfectly honest, as stupid as that sounds it was still less annoying than 90% of the film.

Maybe the wall-to-wall action in this one was a way to make up for all the long, drawn out boring parts in "Mad Max".

I don't know what they're going to do to make up for the second half of "Beyond Thunderdome".

Man, I'll be honest, it had all the potential in the world and it still stunk! The cinematography was epic! The nighttime scenes looked amazing.

Maybe I'm just too old or something (43) but when they edit the shots at that kind of speed my eyes just can't track anything and it all comes off like a nonstop explosion. I really cant tell you what in the world happened in the first 30 minutes of the film. Not because it would be rude, but because I honestly have no idea what was going on!

In the original Road Warrior movie, there was a ton of action, but it all made some sort of sense based around the larger story. There was a story in this one too, but it was very thin. The plot basically boils down to "run away". I think it's just the modern way they make "action movies" these days. They cram so much nonsense into every frame that it all turns into a giant pile of garbage. I understand crazy apocalyptic clothes/cars/weapons and such, but the modifications should have a purpose of some sort.

It's basically more of a Rob Zombie video than a Mad Max film.
Thanks- I agree 100% with your assessment of the quick-edit scenes- so prevalent in music videos and other movies. Like even a great (could have been) documentary concert on the Stones by Scorsese was not as enjoyable for the same reason. Does this assume ADD prevails in target audience? I thought The Road Warrior had the best balance and characters....more than one

So from my take of it it's after The movie Road warrior and Before the movie Thunder Dome, This story isn't much to do about Mad Max he is just along for the ride...Pretty much it should have been called Furiosa cause it's her story

Back
Top Bottom