• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magnum pistol primers

It’s all about the powder. If your powder is calling for magnum small pistol primers then you should use those. You can prime 357 mag with standard primers if the powder you’re using calls for those primers.

Of course , I have not even attempted any reloading or shooting since this seizure ordeal has come about. Until I figure this out and the docs get me a definite answer I’m not taking any chances on anything.
Driving, riding cycles, shooting, any of that stuff, unfortunately.
It makes for a boring ass time for sure ! :(

I don't reload as much as I use to. When covid first happened I loaded up everything I had. Partially because I thought the world might come to an end, but mostly out of boredom. Since then I haven't shot much and only picked up a spare brick as I seen them at the local gun shops/shows. I got spm from a gun show a few months ago for $90 and most recently lpm from Outdoor Depot for $115.

I have always used standard pistol primers. Magnums are ok to use too but if you are having trouble finding them the standard will suffice in my experience.
I use Winchester primers in everything, magnum and regular. Never have a problem, The primer is softer so it's easy to ignite and it ignites stronger as I remember. I also use slow and fast burning powders depending on use, rifle and pistol. Although you're mileage may very

I use Winchester primers in everything, magnum and regular. Never have a problem, The primer is softer so it's easy to ignite and it ignites stronger as I remember. I also use slow and fast burning powders depending on use, rifle and pistol. Although you're mileage may very
Winchester have always been my favorites too. Thanks to the Obama years though, I have a ton of worked up load data for using every conceivable combination of small pistol and small rifle primers for loading pistol rounds.

Back
Top Bottom