Magnum Research .17

Pugdad

Default rank <750 posts
Retired...Firearm enthusiast and FFL dealer..
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
54   0
Reaction score
I recently purchased the above rifle in SS. It had the usual Ruger trigger which I replaced with a BX trigger. Installed a Kidd auto bolt release. Thought the Kidd would hold open the bolt after the last round but does not. Contacted Kidd and they said the ABR is not designed to do this. Any suggestions???

I've never seen a 10/22 style rifle that would hold open on an empty mag. Unaware of a mechanism that could do it either. The mags just aren't designed that way.

Thanks for your quick input!!!
No problem. Now , that may not be 100% the way it is but I've never seen it. I've had my hands on a thousand 10/22s and never seen a bolt hold open on empty mechanism. That doesn't mean somewhere out there one doesn't exist, I've just never seen one.

No problem. Now , that may not be 100% the way it is but I've never seen it. I've had my hands on a thousand 10/22s and never seen a bolt hold open on empty mechanism. That doesn't mean somewhere out there one doesn't exist, I've just never seen one.
There is one bolt hold open for the 10/22 from CST requires their bolt and bolt catch and unfortunately won't work for the .17. It's a little pricey
http://cstmtech.com/shop/2nd-gen-cst-auto-bolt-stop-kit

Back
Top Bottom