• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magpul Zhukov Stock Worth It?

above_all

Air Force Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
May be an a-hole, but not 100% a dick.
410   0
Reaction score
Picked up a new WASR about a week ago. I'm a big guy and want to increase the LOP, so I bought a Magpul Zhukov stock. Also like the idea of the folding stock.

After much research, I see you have to essentially beat the stock free with a rubber mallet, smacking it on a bed or some heavily physical way counter to everything I've ever done with guns.

So, is it worth it? I know it's an AK and built like a tank, but beating the snot out of the stock scares the beejeezus out of me.

I had a Crapco folder on my WASR mainly because I got it on sale for under $30.00. It went in easy and came with a small drill bit to drill the screw holes in the plastic. I assume they did it that way to allow for the wide variances in AKM screw hole locations.Getting the wood stock off wasn't any fun but it wasn't unexpected or overly tough. My rifle had slots or narrow little holes just inside the receiver. I used a fat blade and a punch to push pry the wood stock out. I kinda boogered up the end of the wood doing it that way. But I ended up giving the wood kit to @SouthernSlammed and as far as I recall he used it on his rifle with no problem.

I'm not a fan of the Magpul Zhukov folder but I guess it does have better LOP like my Crapco did. I do like the other fixed stock they have for AKs. The Zhukov just looks like a profile shot of a ski boot or a roller blade with no wheels.

Back
Top Bottom