• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Man Shot Between Eyes for No Reason Last Year Wondered Should He Buy a Gun

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
Right between the eyes!

media.cmgdigital.com_shared_lt_lt_cache_thumbnail_610_img_photos_2013_05_23_c7_49_fan_shot.jpg

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-shot-way-home-braves-game-speaks-ch-2/nX2fk/

"I was just walking down the street it was a Friday night. Then just out of nowhere they pulled out a gun," Balkhanian said.

He moved his head as one man fired, hitting Balkhanian in the face. He says he started yelling for help and ran down the street to get away from the men.

Balkhanian said he had a new iPhone and cash in his wallet but the men didn't take a thing.

"I'm just angry that that's how petty people's thought processes have become, where you shoot someone to not take anything," Balkhanian said.

The attack is a frightening irony according to Balkhanian's friends.

In June of last year, Channel 2 Action News reported a Georgia Tech student shot another who broke into his home on Curran Street. Balkhanian lives in that neighborhood and told friends at the time the violence worried him.

"He made a quote like, 'Am I the next victim? Is my life at risk?' And it's just so ironic to be here in this situation," friend Katlyn Daniel said.

Well here is the exact quote from him last year.

"Made me think, like maybe I need to go buy a gun now. This has happened so often and is my life going to be at risk?" asked Georgia Tech senior Saman Balkhanian.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/18879983/intruder-shot-in-home-near-georgia-tech-campus

Talk about foreshadowing

Isn't everybody concerned about being a victim of random violence at some point? There is nothing ironic or predictive in that story.

I would have to disagree and imo state that the majority of folks are clueless of their surroundings and expectations of violence.

I concur. Far too many people walking around that honestly believe it can't/won't happen to them. Ask any person that has ever survived a violent attack and the first thing they'll tell you is they never imagined it could happen to them. It caught them by surprise and they never would have expected something like that to happen. Clueless.

Back
Top Bottom