• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Marlin 336W .30-30

My first rifle was a .35 Marlin and I still have it and when deer hunting roles around it is still the first rifle i will grab.... I love it Nice Rifle i would not sell it either

Hey TOT,

Here is my favorite classic rifle I have in the collection. Mine was made in 1979. The Marlin 30-30 lever action is a western classic. A great gun.

Watch to find out some of the cool safety features Marlin designed on this Model 336.:pop2:

[video=youtube_share;a9b3QmFhZDs]http://youtu.be/a9b3QmFhZDs[/video]

I may be picking up a 336w today from another member on ODT. Like you I have always been into westerns and lever guns... Never owned one. Hopefully today will be the day. Since you have owned it for 10 years, what are some discrepancies, wear/tear, parts I should look out for? thanks..

I may be picking up a 336w today from another member on ODT. Like you I have always been into westerns and lever guns... Never owned one. Hopefully today will be the day. Since you have owned it for 10 years, what are some discrepancies, wear/tear, parts I should look out for? thanks..

​Keep the loading gate screw tightened. They're usually the most common cause of jams. I've seen a couple of extractors damaged too.

My first hunting rifle was a Marlin 30/30, I killed my first deer a 4pt. with it at a120yds. iron sites, but after I had to watch it suffer and shoot it again to get him out of his misery, I sold it and got a .270!! , so no more suffering!!

My first deer rifle given to menu my Dad was a Marlin 336. I have great memories of hunting with Dad and that rifle. He bought it in 1967 from Kmart. It is long gone for bigger and better (I thought at the time). I am now older and getting fond of trying to reach back to youth so I found a used 336 made in 1968. It's one of my favorites and sparks fond memories when I hold it. This one is a keeper.

My first hunting rifle was a Marlin 30/30, I killed my first deer a 4pt. with it at a120yds. iron sites, but after I had to watch it suffer and shoot it again to get him out of his misery, I sold it and got a .270!! , so no more suffering!!
your blaming that on the gun? Sounds like shot placement I've killed plenty over a 100yds they didn't suffer took the heart or lungs an they didn't have long forthis world

had the 336cs and loved it . so did the ex . she grouped better with it than I did . It was a fine rifle in every aspect . and one of those I wish I still had .

Back
Top Bottom