• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin Lever help!

jamie1475

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
25   0
Reaction score
So I go to unload my 35 rem yesterday at dark for the last time and it hangs in the open position throwing the chambered shell out but locked up now. Lever won't close.I did remove the tube spring and get it unloaded but after all that the slide plate where you load is flopping loosely and I did get it shut but it'll hang immediately if you open the breech again. This is an older pre safety and has been awesome all year. Only upside is that it waited until the end of season. Any ideas? Thanks

Had a friend have the same problem, I am trying to remember what I did to Fix. If I remember right there is a screw on the outside of the receiver that was loose. Causing the plate to fall and lockup bolt when trying to return lever to closed position.

Your bullet lifter is jammed against the loading gate, about 1 1/2 " behind the loading gate there is a screw, you need to snug it back up NOT tight as it will break off then you'll be in bigger trouble, some people glue the screw back in some don't ( I don't, I just keep check on it ). You may have to remove the screw at the pivot point of the lever and remove the lever by pulling straight out, reinsert your mag spring and push the bolt almost closed to the chamber (ALMOST CLOSED), re-insert your lever in reverse of removing step and pivot screw, you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom