Maui, Hawaii Fires

Since we don't believe in conspiracy therories, when will ODT switch to AI Moderators?

Governor of HI already announced a proposal to use the land for other purposes. This before the embers have died down and the bodies recovered.

Saw a clip of what their governor said.

What?

My house burns down so now you're going to seize what's left of my property???

Frightening. Absolutely frightening!

Yep. Mexico beach used to be the family vacation spot every summer. After that hurricane, everyone bought it all up and commercialized it. It's not longer that quiet community of small houses/town houses that it used to be. They've really started building it up and it was way more crowded than I've ever seen it when I went a few months ago. Lots more condos and rentals along with gas stations, restaurants, etc. Don't get me wrong those things can be convenient, but the whole reason we used to go was that stuff wasn't really there much, and you had to leave town to find stuff.
Me and the wife loved Mexico Beach. We were there about two weeks before moving chapel wiped it out. As usual we spent our time eating at our favorite place Toucan's on the Beach. Took a motorcycle trip away from bike week and rode through there and it was depressing as hell such a cool little beach town.

Back
Top Bottom