Medication curiosity

jdmonlyy

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many people here throw away their medications when they're expired and how many people keep them? I was reading in an article somewhere that medication pretty much doesn't have an expiration(or at least a long shelf life) and that they do it just so they get you to throw it away and buy some more or else you would never throw it away. I plan to keep all mine in labeled bags for when SHTF. Better to have old meds than no meds. At least thats how I feel.

1. If you do throw it away, don't flush it down the toilet.
2. Do everything you can to get yourself off of prescription medications--diet, exercise, etc.
3. Medication definitely has a shelf life, and it's not indefinite.

Worked in a hospital pharmacy for 5 years as a Tech. When something expired we sent it back to the manufacturer. Most of the time we would get it back with another label on top of the other with a new expiration date.

Antibiotics are a special case. Most meds just get less effective as time goes on. Some antibiotics get toxic.
True, hence the part about whether or not they'll be viable. But, hey, the zombies could attack tomorrow, it'd be nice to have 'em handy.:painkiller:

Back
Top Bottom