Memorial Day Pics: Post Em Here

PFC John McKenzie Henderson Jr.
May 7th 1984 - Aug 4th 2005
3rd Bn 75th Ranger Regiment
KIA In Afghanistan
i43.tinypic.com_2eaugb4.jpg

He was my friend, and introduced me to his sister, my future wife and mother to our beautiful son.
I owe everything I have now to him.
R.L.T.W

I was digging through a huuuuuuge box of family photos and letters over at my mom's house the other day. Discovered some old pics of family members who were in the military. Also, last night, I came across Navy records and some other information discussing each.

This is my grandad. He served in the Navy for 35 years and was in WW2, Korea and Vietnam:

paw paw.jpg

He had 2 brothers who were both KIA.........

His brother Bud was killed in Pearl Harbor. According to the information I was able to find, this picture was taken a few days before the attack on Pearl Harbor happened:

uncle bud.jpg

This is his other brother Milo. Milo was shot down over Okinawa, KIA.

View attachment 195729

My father-in-law passed away last year. He often told me of his older brother who died in the war "over there" and the last time he saw him. It was early morning at the train station as he was leaving for training. He said his goodbyes to all the family "and the train took him away and we never saw him again. He was killed fighting over there."
My father-in-law never forgot his brother. I have the flag that was presented to the hero's mother. I guess it's up to me to remember him now.

Back
Top Bottom