• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Memorial Day Weekend: Keeping the Fire Under Control...🔥🧯🔥🧯

Man! My dad was a firebug from way back. We would “control burn” the farm every few years, and it always got out of control. I knew the Forest Service guys by name when I was 10…..
Seriously, I was with the water hose throwing water almost every 2 minutes. I cleaned the foliage around, but the damn fire still jumped with the wind, and I had to rush into quench it... Last year I almost lost control of it, so this year I had the water hose on by stand, all the time.

Got a GoFundMe for bail...... :shocked:

An outdoor burn ban will begin Monday, May 1 in 54 Georgia counties, primarily in the northern half of the state, to help boost air quality, according to the Georgia Forestry Commission.

The burn ban will be in effect from May 1-Sept. 30, 2023, for the following Georgia counties: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Bibb, Butts, Carroll, Catoosa, Chattooga, Cherokee, Clarke, Clayton, Cobb, Columbia, Coweta, Crawford, Dawson, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Floyd, Forsyth, Fulton, Gordon, Gwinnett, Hall, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Houston, Jackson, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Lumpkin, Madison, Meriwether, Monroe, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Paulding, Peach, Pickens, Pike, Polk, Putnam, Richmond, Rockdale, Spalding, Troup, Twiggs, Upson, Walker, and Walton.
The day is over.
I am here at my computer, burning some words on ODT.
My good Neighbours didn't bother. And Hall County Sheriff didn't show up!
So, all good!!:cool2::cool2::cool2::closed_2::closed_2::closed_2::closed_2:

Dang, now I want to go out and burn something...
archer-dr-krieger.gif

Back
Top Bottom