Mesa Safe 1 Hour Fire Rated 14.4 Cubic Feet $895.27 + tax Free Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diligent

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
I got this same safe about a month ago from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Mesa-Safe-MBF...=UTF8&qid=1411373163&sr=8-1&keywords=MBF6032C, for about $1250 with tax shipped to my door, and Walmart had it for the same price. Take a look at it now http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mesa-Safe...roup-2-Mechanical-Dial-Lock-MBF6032C/21553928 . I found it to be better than the mega gun store safes, as those that I saw did not have locking bolts at the bottom of the door like this one does, and the dead-bolts were just an inch, and these are inch and a half. And the fire rating of those of equivalent value was only rated at 45 minutes, and this one is an hour.

I think that it is a very nice safe, and pleased with my purchase, and would be even more pleased if I got it at this price!

Last edited:
They were nice enough to put it in my garage, but man what a challange moving that weight into the house, and I don't have any steps to deal with....no one is walking away with it!

More then once I have seen "no one is walking away with it" get people in trouble, don't chance your stuff anything under 1000lbs really should be bolted down! (I'm putting 800lb gun safe up stairs tomorrow for another member)

Most grown men can "walk away" with a 650 lb. safe on a hand truck.

I'm a fairly big guy 6' 2" 240lbs, and I seriously struggled with it, and would venture to say that "MOST GROWN MEN" would struggle with it as well! A few people walking away with it, certainly much easier..... But probably like the majority of folks on this website, I don't have thousands of extra $'s to spend on a gun safe, so I suppose that i'll just have to take my chances with it! What do you think?

More then once I have seen "no one is walking away with it" get people in trouble, don't chance your stuff anything under 1000lbs really should be bolted down! (I'm putting 800lb gun safe up stairs tomorrow for another member)

The next one I buy i'll make sure it is heavy, so I can hire you too move it! Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom