Midway USA....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I had a few items, so I went to Cheaper than Dirt. They have pretty good prices, so I went to checkout. When I did, my $120 worth or items ballooned to $165 after shipping/handling.

Holy crap! Nearly $40 for shipping.

I ordered the same items from Midway. Shipping was $8. Total bill was $134.

-Just thought I would make folks aware of what Cheaper than Dirt is pulling on shipping these days. I would expect shipping to vary somewhat, but $8 vs. $40? That is just highway robbery.

Last edited:
You have to SHOP! Then SHOP SOME MORE!

Cheaper-Than-Dirt can and does have some fantastic deals.
I recently bought a pistol from them that was the same price as CDNN, but included shipping!

Midway has some great deals from-time-to-time, but their small order shipping policy "sucks" like
most others!

For example: Graf & Sons INCLUDES shipping and when they have something on sale, it's almost impossible to beat.

So, KEEP ON SHOPPING!

I had a few items, so I went to Cheaper than Dirt. They has pretty good prices, so I went to checkout. When I did, my $120 worth or items ballooned to $165 after shipping/handling.

Holy crap! Nearly $40 for shipping.

I ordered the same items from Midway. Shipping was $8. Total bill was $134.

-Just thought I would make folks aware of what Cheaper than Dirt is pulling on shipping these days. I would expect shipping to vary somewhat, but $8 vs. $40? That is just highway robbery.

I like both but you do have to be VERY careful ordering from CTD. They have several warehouses and if you place an order that gets items from more than one warehouse you get essentially get billed multiple times. Also, for some reason I have NEVER had shipping for ammo make it worthwhile to buy ammo from CTD. If you are careful and pay attention to shipping, you can get good deals from CTD as well as Midway.

Back
Top Bottom