• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mini Split suggestions

My mom had a screened-in porch that she converted into a sunroom. It has a vaulted ceiling and windows on 2 sides. She added a 1.5 ton mini split and it works great.

Mitsubishi is the leader in mini splits. Fujitsu and Daikin are second and then everyone else. ( I used to work for a large HVAC dealer), I will real quick address Mr. Cool , I have seen a few of them. horrible warranty service and even worse on parts supplies. The warranty also does not transfer like a regular HVAC unit. Not that Mr. Cool was doing anything related to warranty help for the customer. Trying to buy parts from Mr. Cool was an exorcise in wasting time. Mr. cool uses parts from other companies which was good due to being able to cross over the numbers and buy parts elsewhere. Mr. Cool uses the cheapest metal fabrication you have ever seen.( 2 year old unit with rust thru ) Warranty would not cover the unit rusting out. The Mr. Cool claim to fame is they sell direct to the homeowner with no middleman and no dealer support. They have a location in Kentucky and Ohio.

Anyone need say split unit installed contact me

Attachments

• Snapchat-2089028744.jpg
    Snapchat-2089028744.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 17
Mr Cool has some great DIY products and some even come with pre-charged line sets. Mitzu has some great products too but they are professional install.
If you are a do it yourself guy, Mr Cool is perfect. If not, DR COOL can help.
Also Dave am I missing something the only way you use to be able to buy equipment pre charged is with a epa license. Has that changed?

Back
Top Bottom