Minimum Account Activation time needed for posting classifieds?

Take a guess as to how many members have less than 100 posts.

Seems like we could do something to keep the Craigslist scum out.

I have seen about 100 "0 feedback" people this week alone.

-Lots and lots of likely scammers and scum cropping up.

-Maybe we could come up with some sort of time limit. Maybe they couldn't post something for sale until they had a certain number of posts over a week or so. That would probably help.

I agree w/ Dunkel, if you dont like the price, move on... BTW I'm a FNG and Dunkel traded w/ me, of corse this is b/f all the madness started. Just b/c your new dosent mean your a d-bag. If you have a $1900.00 DPMS for sale on your 2nd post.... Then you might be a D-bag.

I agree and it is very annoying, but putting those type restrictions will only hurt us long term.

I also look at it this way. The site makes money off advertising, the more members/posts/traffic I would assume would help OS get more money from advertisers. More money = more free meet and greets/ giveaways.

I agree w/ Dunkel, if you dont like the price, move on... BTW I'm a FNG and Dunkel traded w/ me, of corse this is b/f all the madness started. Just b/c your new dosent mean your a d-bag. If you have a $1900.00 DPMS for sale on your 2nd post.... Then you might be a D-bag.

Or you might have just decided to have the money that folks are paying for them and hope to buy two later.
Life is speculation, those who guess correct go further.

Dunkle is not as bad as he or others might think. He is half Indian and half Bulldog.

When he's not sitting on his ass growling about something, he's on the war path about something else. :eek:

Or you might have just decided to have the money that folks are paying for them and hope to buy two later.
Life is speculation, those who guess correct go further.

Dunkle is not as bad as he or others might think. He is half Indian and half Bulldog.

When he's not sitting on his ass growling about something, he's on the war path about something else. :eek:

haha...thanks...I think :)

Yup. We were all new at some point. I take precautions, yeah...face to face, cash, etc...but if someone is offering a good deal, why should they be restricted because of a few d-bags?

I suggested a minimum post count before a buy or sell post could be enacted way back ago.... and brother I got slammed, jammed, and hammed to death by the members...............good luck with this one.........BTW I agree with you 100%....always have....but it's not my call!!

I tried myself and like you, everyone got all pissy about it. I cant stand new people to have 1 post and its to sell something then they never come back

I own a pit bull and he doesn't like Dunk,so don't be comparing bulldogs to him,Indians prolly object,also.J/k

Back
Top Bottom