Model 70 stock !!FINISHED!!!

This rifle stock will not be perfect upon completion, but that was not my goal. This rifle is 36 years old and all those scratches were heavily oiled up. It also some major gouges I am not going to be able to get rid of. When I purchased the rifle it was for the metal that needs rebluing. This rifle has zero rust but has silver areas from heavy use. It has been around and if it turns out not be a shooter than it will be come a 358 Norma mag.

Here are two pics of gouges in the grip area. I figured this rifle either got them in a gun rack in the back of a pick up truck window, or was not hex for animal it killed.

That is some mighty fine looking wood your sporting there! :becky:

You did an outstanding job, didn't you just sell this?

Lol no that was a model 7 stock I refinished. I was really pleased with the results in that one just the checkering wasn't as clean looking as I wanted it to be.

Thats a real beauty. The wood grain is awesome. I know how much work it is to do what you have, Ive tried it myself and havent gotten those kind of results, great work!

Thats a real beauty. The wood grain is awesome. I know how much work it is to do what you have, Ive tried it myself and havent gotten those kind of results, great work!

I promise you not all have turned out good!! The more practice the better you get lol.

Thanks for the posts. I've got an Interarms Mark X that I've been debating on what to do with the stock. I just ordered a .366 barrel to make it a 9.3x62. I think I'll play with the stock first and see if I can make it nice again before looking further at replacing it.

Back
Top Bottom