• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Modification questions about a Taurus M513

Deadpool454

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I have been looking into buying a Taurus M513 (454/45LC/3".410) for a long time, and I was wondering about a few modifications.
I was wondering if one could get the Cylinder rifled since I have heard that the gap causes issues due to the 3 inch cylinder, or am I mistaken? would this cause any issues?
Also I was wondering about covering or lightening up the ugly ass billboards they throw on the barrels.
The serial would still be present along with everything but RAGING JUDGE MAGNUM and TAURUS.
Any issues in that area?

Also would it be legal to have a smooth cylinder made for the gun? cause damn, smooth cylinders are just sexy.

thanks!

No you cannot put a smooth bore barrel with out a tax stamp. As for removing marking? Not sure, but when I have questions I call the ATF office in Atlanta. They have always been very helpful.

The short answer is "no you can't rifle the cylinder". There are at least three Physics type problems that would result, each requiring too much typing to explain.

You can have a a gunsmith remove the "bill boards" either by hand, or by machine, but take a wad of cash with you.

You can have a smooth cylinder made, but again, take lots of cash.

Back
Top Bottom