mosin obrez in russia

dakota port

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
178   0
Reaction score
I was thinking this morning, i know dangerous. the soviet union (possibly) and those against them used obrez mosins in the past but what happened to them? the soviet union, i do not think would just destroy the obrez mosins they took from the parties against them as they were still viable weapons in worst case scenerios.

even police departments in the united states keep firearms used in crimes for years after cases are solved

is it possible that somewhere in russia they have stock piles of sawn off mosins in some warehouse that is being ignored? and if so would they be importable due it their age and official government possession?

These became popular in the first place because pistols were hard to obtain and rural folks wanted a concealable weapon to carry around.

Any that aren't still in barns and houses were probably captured and rebarreled at some point, or sent off to Communist groups around the world.

The Obrez were mostly used by the Red gurrillas. The White forces were the Imperial Russian Army and police forces, they would have had access to regular rifles and revolvers.

After the revolution the Soviets rounded up all their loose weapons, least they fall into the hands of the various ethnic groups which wanted independence from Moscow. This was part of Stalin's purges. Most of the weapons were destroyed, esp. after the German invasion when they needed all the steel they could get for war production.

After the war the Mosins were obsolete. The Russians couldn't even give them away. Everyone wanted semiauto or full auto rifles (AKs).

Back
Top Bottom