• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Moving to Wyoming

Ronaldo Crespin

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
34   0
Reaction score
I plan to move to Wyoming next year.

Can anybody please help me with advice? What is the best/safest way to carry my handguns and rifle to my new home? Or, am I just overthinking the issue?

Thanks for your consideration and help.

Ronald.

Lots of variables...

How many (roughly) are we talking and what type (long gun/handgun)?

How are you moving? Movers or moving yourself? Trailer? Truck?

I pack rifles and pistols in gun cases (safe, soft, padded) and place them into wardrobes I pack myself. Not too many per wardrobe so as to make them too heavy to lift or make the movers suspicious. Never a problem. I always mark them "Owner to unpack" so they aren't trying to handle my clothes on the other end of the trip (movers don't like handling clothing anyway).

Ron, moving with guns is easy, especially out towards WY. Your whole route *SHOULD* be through free states (not sure what exact route), so no worries on getting thrown in jail. If you are moving yourself via uhaul/penske/etc, invest in $10 hardcases for each gun (whatever is on sale at walmart/amazon) and pack them first, farthest from the door (just in case anyone cuts the lock and wants a quick grab). You'll have 1 or 2 overnight stays so remember to back into a wall if possible. You're required to get insurance and it's just stuff so don't sweat it. Enjoy the move!

Ron, moving with guns is easy, especially out towards WY. Your whole route *SHOULD* be through free states (not sure what exact route), so no worries on getting thrown in jail. If you are moving yourself via uhaul/penske/etc, invest in $10 hardcases for each gun (whatever is on sale at walmart/amazon) and pack them first, farthest from the door (just in case anyone cuts the lock and wants a quick grab). You'll have 1 or 2 overnight stays so remember to back into a wall if possible. You're required to get insurance and it's just stuff so don't sweat it. Enjoy the move!

Not sure of route but Illinois could be an issue if some class 3 items are involved. It would be a quick pass thru so don't do anything to draw attention and let concealed be concealed...

I've never heard this part. Is this true? Insurance is required to pack a gun and move it? (The rest of the stuff, especially backing up to a wall, is priceless).
No gun insurance, just insurance in general for the rental truck. You obviously will not have to disclose your cargo at uhaul/etc

Back
Top Bottom