MT. LIONS IN VIRGINIA

I'm trying to imagine DNR "confiscating" a picture from me.
You said he posted it online. Link?
He just sent the pic to a few friends and somehow the DNR got wind of it. He was politely instructed to delete the pics he had sent to the Friends and they also confiscated the picture he had taken with his camera. It doesn't surprise me. I had shipped a handgun to a lumber company in Georgia that I had sold. I made the mistake of putting ammo in the shipment which is not legal. I got a call from the ATF to meet them in boonsboro at the Kroger which was where I picked because it was a convenient meeting point between our two locations. When I got there they opened the package and told me that I had done everything right but I had just put ammunition in with the with the gun. I also had to call the lumber yard with the phone on speakerphone and verify that they had a FFL on location. Turns out it was actually an Ace hardware with a gun section with a adjoining lumber yard behind it. After they had heard that the FFL was indeed legitimate the crisis was averted. All they told me was not to include ammo in any further shipments of firearms. That concluded the meeting and they took the package back to the shipper and I took the ammo back with me. Some knit witt on here actually thought that I made the whole thing up but it sure as I'm sitting here and God as my witness it happened. How in the heck they knew there was ammo in the package well your guess is as good as mine. Maybe one of the box handlers at the shipper heard ammo rattling and opened the box to verify it. Anyway it just shows the big brother has its ways of finding little breaches of what they deam acceptable.

Just imagine how I felt. I was sitting in the recliner drinking coffee and watching The morning News and I get a call from the ATF that they want me to pick a location and a time that was convenient for me to meet them. All sorts of crap ran through my head cuz I had no clue of what I had done to bring the ATF down on me. I was literally thinking the worst that I had committed some kind of felony and was going down. That was a frightening hour until I met them at the Kroger parking lot and everything was ironed out. They were very nice and cordial they weren't rear ends about it. They just politely corrected me on a few errors that I had made and everything was good. It wasn't like the secret service showed up with black sunglasses and black suits and treated me like a sub human.

Game wardens have the same authority as the local police or a highway state patrol. They can even go further and confiscate your hunting license and ban you from hunting for life. They can also take your concealed carry permit away. If they make a request and you try to be a rear-end about it they can make your life a nightmare if you're a gun enthusiast. I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with and if you ask me politely to do something if you're law enforcement I will happily oblige. I don't want to piss off any branch of law enforcement. It can turn out to be a really ugly situation if you want to poke your chest out and try to use the Constitution in order to bully them around.

Game wardens have the same authority as the local police or a highway state patrol. They can even go further and confiscate your hunting license and ban you from hunting for life. They can also take your concealed carry permit away. If they make a request and you try to be a rear-end about it they can make your life a nightmare if you're a gun enthusiast. I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with and if you ask me politely to do something if you're law enforcement I will happily oblige. I don't want to piss off any branch of law enforcement. It can turn out to be a really ugly situation if you want to poke your chest out and try to use the Constitution in order to bully them around.
I've never heard of any law enforcement having the right to force anyone to delete a picture like that without some kind of warrant, which I can't imagine any judge would sign if it was just a picture of a cat.

I've never heard of any law enforcement having the right to force anyone to delete a picture like that without some kind of warrant, which I can't imagine any judge would sign if it was just a picture of a cat.
The incident was told to me by a close friend and backed up by another guy there that was a friend to the actual man that took the pic. I am sure they explained the situation and they politely asked and he obliged. I didn't recall every detail exactly how they relayed the info. I just recalled hearing it and there are people that just don't think they are here. Probably not wanting realize from fear or just wanting to argue, a lot like what we have here.

I'm just relaying information here I'm not trying to argue with everybody on the site. It's just confirmation that there are mountain lions in the area when the last one was reported killed in I believe in 1883 if I remember what I read correctly. That's in the Virginia state records and it can be looked up online.

GW or any other law enforcement agency can't do anything without a search warrant. You do not to meet with any government enforcement agency without having an attorney present. And being nice doesn't help you out at all.

Mr Green Jeans unlawfully seize property

Mr Green Jeans unlawfully seize property

I can see 'that' happening.
We're talking about something entirely different. And (more) absurd.

Back
Top Bottom