• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Murder Kroger living up to its name.

Most people who grew up and are originally from the metro Atlanta area really know what these so called "HIP' neighborhoods used to be. Most of Atlanta was housing projects up until the Olympics came to town. And I don't see why in the world anyone would wanna live in CabbageTown.,,,Fourth Ward,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Reynoldstown,,, PeoplesTown,,,,Buttermilk Bottom,,,,Mechanicsville,, and Metropolitan will always be Stewart Ave to me. You can put a silk hat on a pig, and sugar coat it all you want but its always gonna be hood to us. Just my two cents.

after dark you do not want to be in the area.. you never know what you may see or may happen. I used to live in the old FORD factory next door scary 15 years ago.

damn shame what happened. the victim was actually armed, that's why he approached the truck, but didn't have an opportunity to draw.

prayers to his family.

Most people who grew up and are originally from the metro Atlanta area really know what these so called "HIP' neighborhoods used to be. Most of Atlanta was housing projects up until the Olympics came to town. And I don't see why in the world anyone would wanna live in CabbageTown.,,,Fourth Ward,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Reynoldstown,,, PeoplesTown,,,,Buttermilk Bottom,,,,Mechanicsville,, and Metropolitan will always be Stewart Ave to me. You can put a silk hat on a pig, and sugar coat it all you want but its always gonna be hood to us. Just my two cents.

I grew up just east of Atlanta and started coming into the city late High School to hang out, moved here for college and stayed. It's changed a lot since the Olympics. I live in East Atlanta now and while it still has its rough parts, I'll take it over any suburb of this city. You may look down town and see nothing but trash, but I feel the same way looking out. From my point of view this city crapped South and vomited North. East and West are just pretty much irrelevant.

Just different values, that's all.

I grew up just east of Atlanta and started coming into the city late High School to hang out, moved here for college and stayed. It's changed a lot since the Olympics. I live in East Atlanta now and while it still has its rough parts, I'll take it over any suburb of this city. You may look down town and see nothing but trash, but I feel the same way looking out. From my point of view this city crapped South and vomited North. East and West are just pretty much irrelevant.

Just different values, that's all.

It's interesting, I talk to folks considering moving to ATL or wanting to come in town from OTP, and my general advice is avoid south of 20 and west of 75/85... basically, try to find something northeast. but even that can be misleading. there's pockets of crime all over the northeast as well. you just have to do your homework and figure out what works for you.

It's interesting, I talk to folks considering moving to ATL or wanting to come in town from OTP, and my general advice is avoid south of 20 and west of 75/85... basically, try to find something northeast. but even that can be misleading. there's pockets of crime all over the northeast as well. you just have to do your homework and figure out what works for you.
What works for me is never going inside of 285!:) I pray their is never a good deal inside the perimeter, I'll pay extra to have it delivered outside of Atlanta.

I don't want to be anywhere that requires me to find a "pocket" inside of which I might not get raped, robbed or murdered. I'm too close to Atlanta as it is. The cesspool is overflowing.

I don't want to be anywhere that requires me to find a "pocket" inside of which I might not get raped, robbed or murdered. I'm too close to Atlanta as it is. The cesspool is overflowing.

haha, here's the rub though... as all these people move ITP raising property values and taking over former drug dens, all those problem people are getting displaced and moving OTP!!! been to marietta recently?

There's pockets of crime everywhere. It's safe to say 90%+ of the meth labs aren't around here.

And I see a hell of a lot of violent crime going on EVERYWHERE in Ga.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom