• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Murder Kroger living up to its name.

REVISED: damn shame what happened.
prayers to his family.
father of four..... when do the good guys and CC holders win.... hope they nail these guys.

The guys that work my range, always stress practice practice practice shooting from chest and draw/waist shooting practice. You don't get a chance to set-up and get the shooting stance in real stressful situation and that 20 step rule or whatever that is on how quick an attack comes (I am not an expert by far - fairly new to carry). Revised: Kroger supports local/state laws and welcomes CC gun shoppers in the store.

Open to any and all feedback from trained guys and experts on ODT......s**t gets real quick....

Go Publix!

Last edited:
I haven't read that he was armed - if so, lesson for all on suspicious activity and being ready. Seeing them in the truck should have put him in ready mode as he approached. But then again, easier to Monday quarterback from our side....Damn shame - father of four..... when do the good guys and CC holders win.... hope they nail these guys. Have seen the manhunt footage - looks like game on with ATL PD.

The guys that work my range, always stress practice practice practice shooting from chest and draw/waist shooting practice. You don't get a chance to set-up and get the shooting stance in real stressful situation and that 20 step rule or whatever that is on how quick an attack comes (I am not an expert by far - fairly new to carry). And I am sure, Kroger doesn't want CC gun shoppers in the store. Open to any and all feedback from trained guys and experts on ODT......s**t gets real quick....

Go Publix!

from ajc:

Shelton said the area’s old reputation had put him on guard and he recently asked his supervisor if he could borrow his handgun while working on the site. “He said, ‘(the victim) has a weapon so there should be nothing to worry about,” Shelton said. “Look what happened.”

the 'manhunt' footage you see on the news is misleading... Obama was a few blocks away at manuel's tavern. heavy police and secret service presence making sure this wasn't related.

No neighborhood insults lobbed from me.
Just observations I made based on experiences from living in metro Atlanta since before 285 was built and watching what has happened to many neighborhoods. I remember when the ring they now call the perimeter around Atlanta was as far out in the country as anybody wanted to be.
Price of the rent in a couple of high priced homes and apartments doesn't help much if they're surrounded by blight and poverty. They actually stick out grandly painting a mental "money here" neon sign for everyone to see.

One of the few places I have seen a mostly successful buyout and redevelopment is in Lynwwod Park where the blighted neighborhood was already surrounded by $$, Cutoff by the tracks from other less blingy areas, and small enough for builders and developers to band together and take the whole thing cheaply and quickly.
As far as building a couple of nice houses in some of these other areas that are completely surrounded by blight, yeah good luck with that but hey, whatever puts a buck in your pocket.

"Maybe he lives at the Marriott inside the park?"

Nope, the prison work farm :)

Stone Mtn makes a pretty good landmark to list as a location, everyone knows where it's at.

Makes me never want to travel to Atlanta. I'll definitely never live near there. Athens is ghetto enough, I can't wait to get back into Oconee county. I definitely don't want my son going to school with trash like that.

Back
Top Bottom