• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Muzzleloader Season

I had 2 when I hunted in NY. Don't remember the brands, but one was a traditional that was a kit. Everything metal was already setup to go, just had to assemble it all with minor finishing, and the stock was cut for the trigger and barrel but was otherwise unfinished so I got to shape it and finish it, iron sights on it.

second was an inline bolt action with a 3-9 scope on it. Both were 50 cal. I used sabots in the bolt, traditional balls in the other. I enjoyed shooting them at targets. but never actually saw a deer anytime I was in the woods with either one

Traditional front stuffer w/irons: TC Hawken 50 cal. Pyrodex and TC maxihunter boolits! :becky: Been toying with the idea of takin' the 1861 Springfield in .58 cal!

I like 50 Cal with 100 grains of pyrodex. The Powerbelt bullets are killers fo sho. I've never tried the magnum loads but I've never needed them. I kill more deer with a muzzleloader than I do with a bow or rifle.

CVA Optima Elite .45 Cal, topped with a Red Head 3-9x40 scope. 209 shotgun primer for the ignition source. 150 grain charge of 777 and a 245 grain Powerbelt Bullet. I've toyed with the notion of changing bullets due to a lot of negative feedback regarding Powerbelt Bullets, but they've always got the job done for me. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it huh?
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom