My first hunt in 10 years! What scope should I get for my .308?

Tactical Beaver

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Hop in, no time to explain...
71   0
Reaction score
Alright, I'm headed back out into the woods to Deer hunt for the first time in 10 years. Oh, but of course I'll be using my suppressed Remington 700 .308 bolt action. However, I don't have a scope for it.

What scope should I get for it? I also plan on doing some long range (300-500 yards) shooting, so I want to get something nice. $500-$1000 ish maybe..... or do I need to spend that much?

Thanks all!

Alright, I'm headed back out into the woods to Deer hunt for the first time in 10 years. Oh, but of course I'll be using my suppressed Remington 700 .308 bolt action. However, I don't have a scope for it.

What scope should I get for it? I also plan on doing some long range (300-500 yards) shooting, so I want to get something nice. $500-$1000 ish maybe..... or do I need to spend that much?

Thanks all!
It's kind of competing purposes. 90% of shots on deer in Georgia are surely within 100 yards. I couldn't hit the side of a barn with the best optic for sub 100 yards at 500 yards (but that's me). A quality 3x-9x is the far and away leader in deer scopes for a reason.
Having said that, the last three hunting scopes I've bought are all of the 4.5-14x flavor (Leupold VX3, Sightron Big Sky II, and Bushnell Elite 4200). Can't say you'd go wrong with any of those but sounds like you may have more than they'd require for purchase burning a hole in your pocket. :)

Back
Top Bottom