• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My season is over

After being skunked last year, just broke my ribs on tues can't shoulder rifle, draw my bow or crossbow. No meat in the freezer again this year.

Actually you should still be good so do not give up yet. The first two weeks are the worst, but you can get a velcro brace that will ease the pain somewhat. By the end of November, you should be feeling good enough to hunt. Just get on the ground in a blind and get comfortable.

I got a small buck and a doe opening week, before I turned my 4 wheeler over into a dry creek bed (the creek bank collapsed under the left rear wheel and in I went, four feet deep, to the rocky creek bed). Luckily, the 4 wheeler landed on something soft.......ME! Both right side wheels landed on large rocks. That left just enough room for me to escape serious injury. I have a severely bruised left hip, a severely bruised left arm with a 3/4" cut on it and at least 2 broken ribs. :faint::faint::faint:

For having a 4 wheeler roll and land on top of me, I figure I came out in real good shape!! I still (a week later) hurt like hell in places that I didn't ever know that I had places. However, I'm gonna tough it out and find a way to get back in the woods and chase Bambi around some more. I'm going to hurt no matter what, so I might as well hunt while I'm hurting!! :crutch::crutch::crutch:

Here Bambi......... beat this bullet to the corner!!! If you can clear 3300 fps (Hornady 139 grain 7mm Magnum SuPerformance load), you got it made!! :rip:

I got a small buck and a doe opening week, before I turned my 4 wheeler over into a dry creek bed (the creek bank collapsed under the left rear wheel and in I went, four feet deep, to the rocky creek bed). Luckily, the 4 wheeler landed on something soft.......ME! Both right side wheels landed on large rocks. That left just enough room for me to escape serious injury. I have a severely bruised left hip, a severely bruised left arm with a 3/4" cut on it and at least 2 broken ribs. :faint::faint::faint:

For having a 4 wheeler roll and land on top of me, I figure I came out in real good shape!! I still (a week later) hurt like hell in places that I didn't ever know that I had places. However, I'm gonna tough it out and find a way to get back in the woods and chase Bambi around some more. I'm going to hurt no matter what, so I might as well hunt while I'm hurting!! :crutch::crutch::crutch:

Here Bambi......... beat this bullet to the corner!!! If you can clear 3300 fps (Hornady 139 grain 7mm Magnum SuPerformance load), you got it made!! :rip:

Good attitude!

Back
Top Bottom