• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My second traditional bow kill ever!!!

Very good. Keep bow hunting through the entire season. In Dec. when it's Bucks only for firearms you will still be able to take does with the bow.

I started out shooting recurve when I was a boy. No sights, no release, just a stick and string. I shot the same way when I started out with compound also. Looking straight down the arrow shaft. Shot a couple does early in my teens with no sight and no release, but never shot one with recurve. I remember they put my cousin in the newspaper because he killed a deer with recurve when he was 9 years old. He didn't have any sights and releases were not even invented yet. I decided not long ago that I was going to hunt with recurve again starting next season, and I am planning to do just that. Love the more traditional style of hunting, and great job to you for getting some meat with yours!

It cracks me up when so many hunters today will go back home if they discover they forgot their release when they get to their stand. Yes, releases are a great invention and they work. Yes, modern day compound bows are fantastic shooters and do the job well. The only reason it cracks me up is because I remember the days when we didn't have releases and enjoyed it just as much. Remember the 2 or 3 finger leather finger gloves? :) I did not like those either. I preferred bare finger tips.

Back
Top Bottom