• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My view for the afternoon

mtdawg169

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
I clean missed a doe this morning. Rushed the shot and the arrow sailed right over the top of her back. I've been bow hunting for 26 years and that's only happened twice. Maybe I'll be luckier this afternoon.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_10_06_myrybadu.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_10_06_ze4ete3y.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_10_06_zaqasyga.jpg

Haha! I was pretty dang embarrassed with myself. This is the first chance I've had to get in the woods and I was itching to loose an arrow. It was a great morning though. Signing off for a couple of hours...

Man that stinks, got two with my rifle before breakfast this morning...just kidding don't even deer hunt until rifle season.

Last edited:
Well, had a great hunt this afternoon. Saw 4 does, but didn't loose an arrow. Total of 8 deer seen today, all does. Also spent an hour watching a funny little family of raccoons as they fed all around my tree, going up and down the persimmons. It's been a good day.

And for the record, this what humble pie looks like...
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_10_06_ara9yqyg.jpg

I hate when that happens.

I missed a shot a couple weeks ago because I screwed up and forgot my cocking string for my Excalibur so cocked it by hand and couldn't figure out why I missed a nice doe although she did flinch.
I immediately sighted it in after I got back up the hill and cocked it again by hand and was waaaayy off the mark.
Then used the cocking string like you're supposed to and was splitting bolts at 40 yards.
i37.photobucket.com_albums_e53_clownzilla_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpscad2700d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom