• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Myanmar Glock

Second paragraph asserts that it is a copy. China and Israel are specifically mentioned. Those countries are significant because, although the article doesn't address it, there's an arms embargo against Myanmar that those two countries have decided to ignore. Glock did not participate in the development of this pistol.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. I read where it said it’s a copy, China and Israel, blah blah.......but no where did I see where it said it was an unlicensed copy. You’re probably right, it’s probably not kosher (Israel notwithstanding), but I didn’t see a 100% statement of fact on it. I know.....I can be pedantic at times.

Can't believe more cops weren't killed using those plastic craptastic Sigmas.

I had a .40 Sigma when they first came out. I worked at a gun shop and employees of S&W Stocking Dealers could buy one NIB for $200. I bought one and a bunch of mags. Never had a problem with it. It went bang and hit what I aimed at. It was the gun I used when I traveled out of state, especially to places where I shouldn’t have had a gun, legally. I figured if it was confiscated I wouldn’t miss it much. When the hi-cap ban hit, I sold it for a tidy profit.

I had a .40 Sigma when they first came out. I worked at a gun shop and employees of S&W Stocking Dealers could buy one NIB for $200. I bought one and a bunch of mags. Never had a problem with it. It went bang and hit what I aimed at. It was the gun I used when I traveled out of state, especially to places where I shouldn’t have had a gun, legally. I figured if it was confiscated I wouldn’t miss it much. When the hi-cap ban hit, I sold it for a tidy profit.
I used to work for a pawn shop and we would acquire a LOT of department trade-ins. I too had a .40 Sigma, never had an issue. My sister liked mine so I picked her one up, and it was crap. It would jam constantly. Tried my mags... different ammos...nothing would make that POS run like it should.

I used to work for a pawn shop and we would acquire a LOT of department trade-off. I too had a .40 Sigma, never had an issue. My sister liked mine so I picked her one up, and it was crap. It would jam constantly. Tried my mags... different ammos...nothing would make that POS run like it should.
I have to Gove the knockoff credit because it's a better looking copy than the Sygma. When Smith first started the Sygma line everyone called it the Stigma. I read reviews in a fee gun mags that it wouldn't make it through their basic shake down tests. One thing I clearly remember is that it had a wound coil spring holding the slide release lever down which had a tiny piece of felt like material acting as an anti vibration device. And when the writers cleaned it between range trips whatever solvent they used ate that piece or knocked it loose. After that the spring didn't last very long. Before too long the test pistol was locking to the rear after every round.
For years the Bibb Co Sheriff's Office was stuck with Sygmas mainly because the former Sherriff Robby Johnson just hated Glocks with a passion. So quite a few deputies went back to the older but more reliable all metal 59 series Smiths..

Back
Top Bottom