• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nailed it this morning..

Well, at least it got your blood pumping. Back in my early days of hunting I would tell myself that I would never
miss, and would not take a shot I wasn't 100% sure of hitting. Unethical otherwise. I've found over the years though that unfortunately, even under the best circumstances and surest placement, I've made a few bad shots even with a firearm.

Well, at least it got your blood pumping. Back in my early days of hunting I would tell myself that I would never
miss, and would not take a shot I wasn't 100% sure of hitting. Unethical otherwise. I've found over the years though that unfortunately, even under the best circumstances and surest placement, I've made a few bad shots even with a firearm.

X2

After looking at my practice tips , I see the reason I was high. 125 gr practice tips and 100 gr broadheads are gonna be a lil different :doh: grabbed the wrong ones. Should have took a few practice shots with the broadheads. I still would have hit the tree...just lower.

After looking at my practice tips , I see the reason I was high. 125 gr practice tips and 100 gr broadheads are gonna be a lil different :doh: grabbed the wrong ones. Should have took a few practice shots with the broadheads. I still would have hit the tree...just lower.
Broad heads fly completely different than field points. You have to set your sights for your broad heads. The arrow spinning on the way to target causes the broad heads to catch air and spins the arrow up and right or up and left.

I had it sighted in with the broadheads last year and they were shooting just a hair higher than the practice tips. That's why I hadn't shot with them this year. Couldn't find my practice tips from last year , so I went and got new/wrong ones.

Back
Top Bottom