• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

need a gun fixed!!!!!

glh2506

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
I have an h&r 22lr revolver. can anyone put me in touch with a gunsmith that can repair it please?? it needs a lifter. i have looked all over the net and cant find the part needed to fix it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that the part you are looking for is correctly referred to as the "hand", which engages the ratchet on the rear of the cylinder. There are a number of .22 caliber H&R revolvers. Check out the following web site, I'm sure they have what you are looking for: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/HarringtonRichardson-33274.htm

If Gun Parts has the part, it is not hard to install.

If that doesn't work, most gun shops either have a gunsmith on sight or one that they deal with. Creating a new hand for a revolver is child's play for a real gunsmith. In fact, depending on how badly damaged the hand on you revolver is, a good 'smith may be able to re-cut or repair the existing piece. I'm not familiar with gun shops and 'smiths south of the Atlanta area. However, if you ever get up around Athens, Franklins Gun Shop at 3941 Atlanta Hwy, Bogart, GA 30622 (706) 543-7803 has an in shop gunsmith.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated.

You could pass the junk along to a junkman, like me. I would pay $50 for the opportunity to spend hours and hours on the internet looking for unobtainium parts, and then, going for the Harvard School of Home Gun Repair course for the correct disinformation so I can really screw it up and become ultimately,,,,frustrated after receiving the wrong part. I have several revolvers that operate unflawingly, if that is a word, with manual indexing. The important part is wearing a full face shield and gloves made out of artillery armor. Oh, gonad cover. But seriously, you have to WANT to tinker with those as a gunsmith will charge you more than it is worth. I have several "bag guns". Took them apart, look at the insides and said, 'how about that", then put in a bag for long storage.

Back
Top Bottom