Need advice on a hunting trip for my son in law, May 2017

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
307   0
Reaction score
Looking for advice folks. Although I've been shooting since I was a wee lad I've never been hunting. In May my son-in-law is coming out for a visit and extremely interested in going on a hunt. It appears the options in May are Turkeys and Hogs. I'm pretty sure he's thinking of "hunting" as bagging a game animal, not as "marching around the woods all day long and seeing nothing bigger than a squirrel". Subsequently, the closer I can get to a "sure thing" is likely best. Towards that end I've looked at a couple places that feature hog hunting and those seem to be based around feeders. If that approach is the most likely for a couple of "newbies", so be it.

Any suggestions including specific places/businesses that might be able to help me would be appreciated. PM me or post here and I'll read it.

That request includes any advice you might have on calibers. I have an AR (5.56) and a BAR (30-06), SKS and some muzzle loaders, any of which is theoretically OK for hogs but if any is particularly better suited, speak up.

That request includes any advice you might have on calibers. I have an AR (5.56) and a BAR (30-06), SKS and some muzzle loaders, any of which is theoretically OK for hogs but if any is particularly better suited, speak up.
call me and we will talk, i have a place for hogs,killed 36 in 2016. bill 678 491 0618

Back
Top Bottom