64   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Need Help Identifying Magazine

Zip Code: 30040

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: Unknown

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Hello fellow OTD'ers. I have a magazine that I don't know what it fits. It seems to hold a .32 auto pretty well, but will also hold a .380 ball (possibly Makarov) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Pictures:
dscn1588-2-jpg.2109805

dscn1589-2-jpg.2109806

dscn1590-2-jpg.2109807

dscn1593-2-jpg.2109808

dscn1594-2-jpg.2109809

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
If you fill it with .32 ACP (7.65 Browning) do the cartridges line up with the holes?

If it's made for 380 ACP, or if it were made for 9 x 18 Makarov, then the skinnier 32 .caliber cases would not line up with the magazine viewing holes.

If we can establish it's a 9-round .32 pistol magazine, then that should make the search easier.

According to this article, the original Spanish gun company that got the order to make these French military pistols for WWI could not keep up, so they subcontracted out to several other manufacturing firms in Spain . BUT even together they couldn't keep up production demands, so the French started buying these same-design pistols from some 45 different manufacturers both in Spain and Italy!

The "AG" stamp on the magazine's floor plate / base indicates that this magazine was produced by:
Francisco Arizmendi y Goenaga, Eibar
and the guns of this type they built carried the following trade names:
“Ideal”,
"Roland”,
and “Brunswig”

Article: https://www.forgottenweapons.com/other-handguns/eibar-ruby/

Wow! Thanks!!! I appreciate all the research. I will try to load it with some .32 to see if the holes line up with the shell casings. I feel like that is what it is made for. I found this in a box with a few other unidentifiable parts that my brother had before he passed away. He was big into older military weapons, but I don't remember him having anything like the ones mentioned. Thanks again for all the help!!!! It is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom