Need help removing a stubborn Castle Nut on my AR

Bring it by my place and I can knock it out for you. I’ll be available for a bit tomorrow, then out of town running a class until Monday.
I can come by during lunch if that’s ok. Otherwise I’ll keep looking for replies. Need/Want to get it done before the end of the weekend. Got to sight it back in and all. PM me your contact info and location and I’ll PM you back my phone number.

Is it heavily staked or is red locktite the problem?

Different approaches depending on whats up with the gun.

Is it heavily staked or is red locktite the problem?

Different approaches depending on whats up with the gun.
No visible Loctite used at all. What do you mean by staked? Pinned? If that is what you mean, then no. It's just been on their for a very long time and it is possible that the previous owner or who ever put it together might have over torqued it. My biggest problem is that I don't have a bench vise to hold the upper receiver while I go at it. Plus, I don't have a good enough Castle Nut Wrench with enough length to get enough leverage on it. Damn good thing that the Rail I am going to install on it does not use a Castle Nut. They are to much of a pain in the ass.

At this point, it may be easier to just take it to someone that has the proper tools.

Full Blown Firearms in Hampton can do it, among others.

Back
Top Bottom