Need help Ruger 10-22...

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I had a "gunsmith" (I use the term lightly) do a trigger job on my 10-22, I hadn't shot it in years until this past week. I pulled it out to fire a few rounds and found that it double taps every time I pull the trigger. What parts do I need to replace to restore dependable firing? The seer? My first instinct is to purchase a new drop in trigger but I am currently putting back for another pistol... I would appreciate your input!

The two bits that pin into the trigger, more specifically. You may be able to sharpen the catch edges if it's been filed too rounded.

I'd replace the sear.... No need to mess around with questionable parts. Those don't have to be filed to do a trigger job. Just polish the heck out of it with mothers mag polish until mirror shined

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
It sounds like he over polished the sear where it catches on the dis-connector. If he over polished the dis-connector as well, you may need a new dis-connector.
Its also possible that he left polishing compound residue in the dis-connector. I would check that if you are able.

If you where in Cartersville, I could check it out on my fitting blocks for component fit up and possibly fix it on the stoning jig.

Back
Top Bottom