• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

need help with 2012 Dodge Caravan !!

The actual cause is a tight coolant passage near one of the #4 cylinder exhaust valves that tends to get clogged over time due to silicate sludge and casting sand accumulating and causes the exhaust valve to burn. The "excessive wear" and "driving conditions and fuel" nonsense is just Chrysler doing CYA (well, I guess a burnt valve *is* excessive wear, but). The new cylinder head has a more open passage there that doesn't clog. Over time every single one of the pre-change cylinder heads is going to clog. My Jeep Wrangler (September 2011 build) just did it at 59,000 miles and 5 years, and I'm hardly a racer -- From a master tech at dodge crysler who got the boot for spilling the beans

The actual cause is a tight coolant passage near one of the #4 cylinder exhaust valves that tends to get clogged over time due to silicate sludge and casting sand accumulating and causes the exhaust valve to burn. The "excessive wear" and "driving conditions and fuel" nonsense is just Chrysler doing CYA (well, I guess a burnt valve *is* excessive wear, but). The new cylinder head has a more open passage there that doesn't clog. Over time every single one of the pre-change cylinder heads is going to clog. My Jeep Wrangler (September 2011 build) just did it at 59,000 miles and 5 years, and I'm hardly a racer -- From a master tech at dodge crysler who got the boot for spilling the beans
So there is a recall for this specific issue? Or is it just a service bulletin?

I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse/ Chrysler crap pile. ... If you like rebuilding engines and you like endless nonsense of a vehicle that's hard to work on and requires special tools Mitsubishi Eclipse / Chrysler maybe for you... got some Hate for Chrysler they partnered with Mitsubishi and build some bad cars

So there is a recall for this specific issue? Or is it just a service bulletin?
It's not a recall which I thought it was when I got a smooth talking service rep for me to bring my car in and "they would have a look"--its an extended warranty of 150,000--Now I don't know if that means that if I bought the warranty it would extend or if this would be done as recall--so far hasn't panned out for me at dealer BUT upon reading the fine print
I see it is just for specific left side of cylinder--

Attachments

• warranty cyrsler.pdf
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
I'd say that if Dodge is willing to provide an additional warranty for no charge to cover an obvious design flaw - it's appropriate and I'd take it. If Dodge wants you to buy an additional warranty to cover a factory design flaw - I'd trade the car in for something else.

Anyone work of Dodge engines---leaking head gasket right side.. ??? Maybe if someone could
help take it apart and I carry to Auto restore machine shop Took a chance and changed water pump still overheats to 2 o'clock

Back
Top Bottom