need info from marlin guys

jimj1954

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
220   0
Reaction score
i have a 1977 444 in vgc-amlooking for 270/308 auto-i have trade value at 450-500.is this realistic or am i asking too much-just curious-had listed for awhile but no apparent interst in what i want-im an honest guy and want to be fair but not give my gun away.all opinions appreciated.

Just my opinion but .444 Marlin is not a very common caliber and most folks who want a Marlin big bore want a .45-70 or .450 Marlin. I have a Marlin Guide Gun in .45-70 and ammo isn't hard to find for it. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. lol!

Yes I have read the same. It performs as good or better than the .45-70 but people haven't heard about it as much. In my opinion it is defiantly worth what you want you just need the right person to see it. GLWS

Your price is about right. Did you post a pic with it?
If it had a bit of wear on it, you might need to drop it down to about 400. But if it was in realy good condition, then you were about right on target. Just keep pimping it, sooner or later, the right guy will see it and pick it up.
Good luck bro.

The price sounds right. As others have said, the .444 just occupies a much smaller niche than the .45-70 or even the .450 Marlin. Just be patient. You could give selling it on the Marlin Owner's forum a try too.

Back
Top Bottom