• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need motivation

How do you guys motivate yourself to do decent sized complex projects on your off time? I need a trick, gimmick, whatever it is to get myself started and actually complete the task. I'm 51, handy to the extreme, but getting less motivated everyday. The task I've been avoiding is installing a new water pump in my daughter's Ford Edge. It is a major PITA and will take all weekend and possibly longer, and I do not look forward to the back strain I know is coming. I know, just man up and do it, right?? I'm procrastinating hard here.
One bite at a time…same age as you…between wife, mama and daddy, and mother in law, I have plenty to do…I do over analyze every project but I find when I get started it’s not that bad.

One bite at a time…same age as you…between wife, mama and daddy, and mother in law, I have plenty to do…I do over analyze every project but I find when I get started it’s not that bad.

I over analyze as well, lol. It's my analysis paralysis. Net result is I procrastinate, but when I finally get going, it is done right.

I manned up and started the Ford Edge water pump job, and thankfully I have all weekend to finish this lengthy job (assuming Amazon sent me the right parts). Of course my back is already letting me know it's not happy with this cold weather. Fortunately I have a heated back massager that helps. I haven't gotten to the hard part behind the timing cover yet, but glad I'm finally making it happen. I'll post a pic or two when I get to the good stuff.

There sure have been a lot warmer and nicer weekends. The good new is you have started so now you have to finish. I guess you can start the new year with one less thing on your to do list.
Put down your phone and quit checking notifications or you will never get finished.

Upper intake, valve covers and wiring removed. Ford in their infinite wisdom put a foam engine cover on, and all the gaskets are stuck like concrete from the trapped heat, and wiring loom is brittle and beginning to fall apart.

This was the easy part. Next is the hard part.

Attachments

• IMG_7001.jpeg
    IMG_7001.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 18
I'm done for the night, broke two 3 jaw pullers trying to get the balancer off. They are Harbor Freight specials and pulled the threads out of the center of the puller . I have to find something a little more robust for this job.

Back
Top Bottom