• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need outboard mechanic near Lake Jackson or West Point Lake

TWI

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
23   0
Reaction score
I've got a Yamaha 50hp outboard that will likely need a carb cleaning from having sat unused for two years. The boat was run dry of fuel during the last usage and the fuel that was in there had a stabilizer added, but after two years sitting unused I do not have high hopes about the condition of the carbs. Boat will be near Lake Jackson, or can be trailered over to the Newnan/West Point Lake area. This one will need to be dropped off on 4/25 and picked up on the morning of 5/3.

Anyone have a suggestion near lake Jackson or West Point Lake?

Thanks in advance.

If you ran the fuel out of it, theres a good chance you'll be fine. Just dump out the remaining fuel in the tank and give it a go with some fresh stuff. Ive run outboards that have set up for many years and they do fine if the fuel is run out when stored. Do you not have time to launch it and give it a try?

I am going to give it a try on Friday morning down at Lake Jackson and I am hoping that it runs fine but in this age of 10% ethanol fuel I am fearful of the worst. In an ideal world, it runs fine and I am all set to use it for a week starting on 5/3, but I am hoping to be prepared with a quality mechanic recommendation should the boat not perform on Friday.

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the recommendation of B&B, but the Conyers location will be problematic. The boat is currently down near Lake Jackson and I am dragging the boat to FL (Destin area) on 5/3 for use while down there 5/3-5/11, so if I do need to have it serviced it needs to be somewhere between my home in Atlanta, where the boat is stored near Lake Jackson and Florida.

I am going to give it a try on Friday morning down at Lake Jackson and I am hoping that it runs fine but in this age of 10% ethanol fuel I am fearful of the worst. In an ideal world, it runs fine and I am all set to use it for a week starting on 5/3, but I am hoping to be prepared with a quality mechanic recommendation should the boat not perform on Friday.

Thanks for the response.

Thanks for the recommendation of B&B, but the Conyers location will be problematic. The boat is currently down near Lake Jackson and I am dragging the boat to FL (Destin area) on 5/3 for use while down there 5/3-5/11, so if I do need to have it serviced it needs to be somewhere between my home in Atlanta, where the boat is stored near Lake Jackson and Florida.
I know you can't always be choosy about where you fill your boat up, but Racetrac stations have ethanol free fuel. With the exception of some of the older stores.

I know you can't always be choosy about where you fill your boat up, but Racetrac stations have ethanol free fuel. With the exception of some of the older stores.

I had not idea that Racetrac had that until I was stopped up on Bells Ferry earlier this week and that that they had pricing advertised for ethanol fee fuel. That will be going into all of my small engines from here on out, whenever possible.

if you get lucky and it seems to run fine great, my father is a marine mechanic and I've seen a ton of them that aren't fine. So many tiny passageways. If it doesn't run right don't try and limp it through a trip or you will be buying a motor.

Back
Top Bottom