need remodeling help

dakatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
Nor sure if this is the area to post this ? but here it goes ....

I am looking to do some remodeling of my home. the standard upgrade stuff, ie: kitchens, baths, counter-tops, flooring etc. and also some basement stuff as well. basement is already finished, just want to do floor and wall coverings, etc.

My concern is that my home may have settled some as I notice some small cracks near some door/window frames and uneven floor tiles and such. I want to tackle any problems issues if any first.

I am looking for suggestions for someone in the Braselton-Hoschton area with such building/remodeling expertise.

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. thanks.

-Dana
Hoschton, GA

If it's still settling you'll want to have a process known as compaction grouting done. This process requires the drilling of small, fairly deep holes around (possibly in) your home, and injected a concrete grout into the ground under pressure to compact the soil around it and prevent further settlement.

Some settling is normal most houses have a few cracks in the drywall some of this is the green kelm dried wood they use to built houses when the wood dries it shrinks over time it causes drywall cracks and uneven floors....but this is not the time to be cheap if you have a real sinking problem you will need help don't be as cheap as I m

Back
Top Bottom