• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Need some brilliant ideas!

cskiles

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I have a full basement (unfinished) that I have been using for a wood shop and after many months of deliberation I have decided to rip out everything that I have done up to this point and start over from scratch with my tablesaw out-feed table, mitre saw table, router table etc. I would really like to see some of the shops that you folks have built/assembled, it's an expensive and time consuming proposition to build out a woodshop so I though some of you may be able to give me some ideas regarding what you have done.

Thanks for your input!

Corey

BTW - For those of you that will recommend it, I have been perusing the internet for days to get ideas but I really wanted to hear from someone that I may be able to DM back and forth with questions...

Of the basement shops I've seen, no two are alike. I'd say just take what you have and figure out what works best for what you do. My "shop" is very much a work in progress in my garage. It's currently full of my wife's crap, again, so my only suggestion would be to put a lock on the space and keep the key to yourself, LOL. Good luck and in for pics when you get yours going.

Check out Lumberjocks.com for good photos and write-ups on the member workshops. Should be able to get a lot of good ideas there. Never can have enough room. I built my cabin much larger than I would have if it weren't for needing a big basement to work on my old cars and setup the woodshop. Still don't have half the room I would like to have.
http://myphotopile.com/Cabin/index609.html

myphotopile.com_Cabin_img592.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img594.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img598.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img599.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img601.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img606.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img607.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img609.jpg

Check out Lumberjocks.com for good photos and write-ups on the member workshops. Should be able to get a lot of good ideas there. Never can have enough room. I built my cabin much larger than I would have if it weren't for needing a big basement to work on my old cars and setup the woodshop. Still don't have half the room I would like to have.
http://myphotopile.com/Cabin/index609.html

myphotopile.com_Cabin_img592.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img594.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img598.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img599.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img601.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img606.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img607.jpg
myphotopile.com_Cabin_img609.jpg
Very nice setup! (and the cougar is pretty nice too!!), I have been working on a design for a router table using t-track and INCRA parts, the last pic give me a few ideas....

The coping sled was made from leftover parts and pieces. The first Incra Miter Sled I purchased didn't sit flat so they sent me new panels. Another part is a portion of a router table fence that had one side bent up...

MAK MAK , your shop looks like you are a professional cabinet builder! I like for my shop to be 'squared away' and to make the most use of the space that I have but yours is ridiculous! Tell me the truth, is MAK just a nickname and you're real name is Norm Abrams from the NEW YANKEE WORKSHOP? Looks like his shop!

Far from professional. Unfortunately it takes more than just having the toys:) I'm bad about cleaning up and getting everything put away at the end of each weekend before I head home. Would get more done if I spent more time on the actual project. Actually I've built almost nothing since I completed the cabin. Started working on the F100 and Cougar and unfortunately there are only so many days in the weekend and too many hobbies to get it all done... Right now the woodshop portion is cluttered up with body parts, welding gear, car seats and carpet, carburetors, etc. I was going strong until deer season and haven't regained my motivation since the first of the year.

Back
Top Bottom