• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some opinions on 300 Blackout

Lowrecoil

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
my last word will probably be oops.....
68   0
Reaction score
Ok all you lead slinging pros. Im looking at a couple rifles in 300 Blackout and its a caliber Ive never owned or even shot. Im sure its a fine round and I see lots of them on here and Ive read lots of reviews but Im really just curious about some of the pros and cons. I already have plenty of firearms I dont shoot for various reasons and not looking to add to that list. I know the ODT community will give it to me straight so lets have it!! Go!

.300 is great because you can get its full potential with a 7.5”
Now shooting subsonic is where this gets good . GREAT FOR CQB SUPPRESSED
If you reload you can use .223/5.56 casings just shaved down . Super sonic I recommend 110 Barnes tsx.😈🫡

it's available everywhere now. If you want/need rifle power in a small package it's perfect, as long as you understand the price per round sucks a little. Subs hit like 45acp and cycle well. Supers hit like 30-30 or 7.62x39.

If you want I have both a rattler and a few AR uppers and you'd be welcome to try them, suppressed and not.

If you reload there are a lot of various loads to get the accuracy you want with a 1/3 of the costs in both subs and supers. I’ve enjoyed finding what powder loads and bullet grains work best and are most accurate in a 12.5” and 16”.

Palmetto state has Subsonic on sale right now $.70/ rd and 158 gr range ammo for $.60 / rd. also HUGE fan of .300 7.5" Barell +8.2" Suppressor and being around 16" WITH SUPPRESSOR and AMMOSEEK.com will find it anytime

My ideal home defense / CQB carbine (for civilians like me to use against criminals, not against soldiers or armor-wearing cops) would be an AR but either in a powerful pistol caliber (10mm) or the .300 Blackout.
Because the gun's barrel would be short, and a wider bore means more space inside that "combustion chamber" to push the bullet during its brief time still inside the tube.

PS: I've shot such AR carbines and SBR's, but still don't own one. Maybe one day I will.

Back
Top Bottom