• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need someone who knows how to correctly do a shower pan

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
I am looking for a good contractor to fix a shower pan that is leaking. This is the second house I have had with this problem.
I talked to the guy below who does these videos, and he says many pans are not done correctly and he has to re-do a lot of them. He is so busy he won't come to Atlanta from Buford to do mine.

Anyone know of a contractor who really knows what they are doing? I asked the guy for a recommendation and he said make sure whoever does it something something correctly pre-slope something something waterproof the cementboard.

are you using a tile person? I have done 100's of pans but, do to old age and bad knees I no longer do them. Most tile people use a system called a Sluther System that is pretty much bullet proof if installed properly. Your person that said 'pre slope' is correct, that step is often skipped but, won't cause it to leak just make the tiles nasty to look at. the leak usualy occurs at the threshold or poor contact with the drain. If you PM me I will share the name of a confidaint tile person.

Schluter kits make quick work of standard showers. Can do a dry pack with liner as well but not worth the time imho. This was the first one I did and I HATE tile. You can see the gaps get tighter in the corners and with just a 2” overlap it won’t leak because of capillary faction. Held water without leaking a drop for 3 days before I pulled the plug.

1679621512223.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom