• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Neighbors mother is dying need help with furniture.

libertysteeth

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
46   0
Reaction score
My neighbors mother is 93. They said she's not long for this world. They asked me to help move some of her furniture from hoschton to Monroe. I would love to help but am not able. They offered to pay me. If someone is willing to help and their offer isn't high enough I will add some cash on top of it. I hate not being able to help.

My neighbors mother is 93. They said she's not long for this world. They asked me to help move some of her furniture from hoschton to Monroe. I would love to help but am not able. They offered to pay me. If someone is willing to help and their offer isn't high enough I will add some cash on top of it. I hate not being able to help.
When? Im out of town currently but can maybe put some guys together.

How much furniture?

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

A legal "heads-up" or warning here:

If the old lady is competent, mentally, did SHE give permission to move the stuff?

If she has a guardian, did that person make the request?

I'd clarify that one of these conditions exist before helping.

The last thing you want is to have some of her kids or grandkids saying one of her sons was stealing from her or taking an unauthorized and premature share of her "estate."

(I've seen this happen. Real cases, real clients.)

A legal "heads-up" or warning here:

If the old lady is competent, mentally, did SHE give permission to move the stuff?

If she has a guardian, did that person make the request?

I'd clarify that one of these conditions exist before helping.

The last thing you want is to have some of her kids or grandkids saying one of her sons was stealing from her or taking an unauthorized and premature share of her "estate."

(I've seen this happen. Real cases, real clients.)
I'll get more information tomorrow. I will definitely make sure there's not an issue. Thanks for the heads up. I didn't even think of that.

Yeah. Thanks for the willingness to help folks. I'm just going to have to let them figure it out on their own. Surely they have grandkids or someone to help. It's too hard to get information from them. I'm not sure they know what's going on. Again. Thank you.

I worked in the estate liquidation business for several years. The situation you describe is highly unusual. Highly. Most families don't move anything for weeks unless there is a scalding hot real estate market.

Back
Top Bottom