• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

never sen this before

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
last night, hanging at the house. i have seen cicadas everywhere. i have even seen them before they change (once did i find a living "housebug")

but never seen a cicada after coming out of its pupa (i know it takes them a while to "dry out" and for their cuticle to form)

thought i would share

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 70
That's a cool shot. I like to catch them, maybe partially remove a wing and bring them in for the cats to play with. Don't tell PETA.

Do you guys have the crazy infestations here every 15 years, or 20, or however many years it is that they take to cycle (I cant remember). In Ohio, a few years back, they all came out and it was pretty ridiculous. There were literally millions of them for a few weeks then they all died at the same time and the whole city smelled like death. You couldnt even walk without stepping on them. People were eating them on the local news. There were people selling "I survived the Cincinnati Cicada invasion" shirts and all other manner of nonsense. At the time it was pretty disgusting and annoying, but looking back it was kind of cool.

Back
Top Bottom