• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New/Collectible/Vintage Throwing knives (for use....)

Sam03

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Hi Traders:
During these "wonderful" times (sarcasm), I have re-visited a youthful pastime: knife throwing. As an uneducated but passionate knife enthusiast, I am seeking vintage and/or custom knives ... to throw. Scratched, dented, and well-loved sharps are welcome, though I tend to favor overall length of at least 7 inches or more.

Currently manufactured knives are also welcome, but respectfully: I'm not interested in paying full retail for a Cold Steel thrower that I can buy myself. I know some of you HAVE to have these things just collecting dust. Ease your cleaning burden and earn a few extra shekels. (rubles, rands, yen, baht; you get the point)

Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions. You will receive a polite and appreciative response regardless of whether a deal transpires. Thank you all and stay well and safe.

I agree on the bigger ones being easier to throw, and stick.
Good luck with your search.
When I was asking about throwing knives a couple years ago, somebody here offered to sell me a set of late 1970s Gil Hibben throwing knives for a fair price considering they were 40+ years old and in great shape. However they were small, and I really wanted bigger ones.
(PS I ended up buying three Glock FM field knives and using them for throwing)

these are vintage I've had them for 35 years and my Father in law bought them years before he gave em to me, me an offer,
DSC00872.JPG
DSC00873.JPG

Ga law, you are absolutely correct! Glock field knives are good throwers and durable, as well. Some people modify the handles for certain styles of instinctive (no rotation) throwing to ease the sliding motion as it leaves the hand. Thanks for the feedback!!

Still searching for any unwanted throwers, though I HAVE seen a few beauties. Don’t worry if your offering is old or well-used; so am I!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom