NEW COLT PYTHONS????'s

dickeymoore

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
129   0
Reaction score
Who has bought or shot the new Colt pythons in 3 or 4 inch versions and are they as good as the old Colt pythons and do the new Colt pythons have any MIM parts?Thanks

Not sure on the MIM but honestly that doesn't matter. Good MIM is better than bad milled any day. and all the big players figured out how to do MIM right decades ago.

I have one of the new 4" models and they are pretty nice. Maybe not quite as good a trigger as a well-broken in old one, but also won't go out of time if you shoot more than a dozen 357s through it (kidding.... sort of).

I sold off my original after I bought this one and have no regrets at all. The only thing I wish is that they would come out with a blued model. The stainless is nice, and I realize that they can't do the old 'Royal Blue' anymore but it still looks great in blue.

I have the new 4 inch one, bought in October 2020. Action is really smooth, and it is incredibly accurate. Never owned an older one but I have shot an older one briefly at a range once. Didn't compare side by side but don't think there's much of a difference.

Only had my 4" a week, but happy with it . I do wish it had a smooth rather than grooved trigger. Enjoy shooting .38s but trigger guard smacks my middle knuckle with .357s. First Colt I have ever owned as I have always been a Smith or Ruger guy. I understand frame, barrel and cylinder are forged. Is it worth the price of 2 GP100s? Maybe not, but it certainly is finished to a much nicer level.

If you are close to Dahlonega you will not find a better price on a new one. 1371 cash price.

If you are close to Dahlonega you will not find a better price on a new one. 1371 cash price.

That's a really good price. They usually run around $1600

Back
Top Bottom