• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New CZ owner needs help...

MSS

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
13   0
Reaction score
So I got the bug to try and get my hands on a CZ after reading the comments on ODT and some other reviews. I decided to put some trade offers out there and see what I could get. Today I picked up a pristine stock 75b from a fellow ODTer and as soon as I put it in my hand it became a part of me. I love the way this gun feels!!! I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.
Now I want to ask the other CZ owners out there if there are any must have upgrades/add ons? I'm not to excited about the sites so those might be changed first I'll know better tomorrow. The primary role of this gun will be range fun, I don't see it going into a defensive role.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 36
I carry either a CZ Phantom or a CZ Rami 9mm everyday. I haven't changed anything on either of them. I made kydex holsters for them and use a Jones Tactical belt. To me, a good carry system was more important than changing anything on the pistol itself. Spend a good bit of range time practicing the transition from double action to single action. I normally shoot two or three shots, de-cock, then start over. If you carry cocked and locked, guess you don't need to bother with that.

.22 lr Kadet kit would be a nice addition.

If it were cheaper I could go along with that but a quick search shows them going for $400 plus. Seeing how I can buy 9mm for <$200/thousand the ROI on that would be around 2500-3000 round range. If I were loaded down with pre panic .22 I would be all over it though

I carry either a CZ Phantom or a CZ Rami 9mm everyday. I haven't changed anything on either of them. I made kydex holsters for them and use a Jones Tactical belt. To me, a good carry system was more important than changing anything on the pistol itself. Spend a good bit of range time practicing the transition from double action to single action. I normally shoot two or three shots, de-cock, then start over. If you carry cocked and locked, guess you don't need to bother with that.

Firm believer in that. For defensive purposes though I have chosen to stay with the same brand, ammo, mags, and same trigger pull (striker fire) for carry, chest rig, truck, bedside, wife and back up. The CZ is going to be for accuracy and fun

The best upgrade you can make is to shoot a thousand through it. Between your increased familiarity with the gun and the internal parts getting to know each other better you should see a difference.

I'm still working on my first thousand rounds through my PCR but I shoot it better than almost any other handgun.

I do like the night sights and rubber grip panels on my SP-01 though. I may have to look into those for my PCR.

The best upgrade you can make is to shoot a thousand through it. Between your increased familiarity with the gun and the internal parts getting to know each other better you should see a difference.

I'm still working on my first thousand rounds through my PCR but I shoot it better than almost any other handgun.

I do like the night sights and rubber grip panels on my SP-01 though. I may have to look into those for my PCR.

Agreed
Do you have a preference on brand of sites

Back
Top Bottom