• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New from NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of the great Tar Heel State do you hail from? I grew up near Polecat Creek, 'bout halfway between Horneytown and Climax; in a little community known locally as Possum Holler.

An almost similar forum for folks up thataway is: Carolina Shooters Club. And another, I have no experience with, is NC Gun Owners.

I live in LA, that is lower Advance, not to be confused with upper Advance the bedroom community for Winston-Salem.

Most don't realize there really are towns like Horny Town and Climax in NC. Those from pioneer days must have had a sense o humor.

I live in LA, that is lower Advance, not to be confused with upper Advance the bedroom community for Winston-Salem.

Most don't realize there really are towns like Horny Town and Climax in NC. Those from pioneer days must have had a sense o humor.

A bit familiar with the area. the missus grew up in Pfafftown. And yes, the early folks had a great sense of humor with names like: Erect, Whynot, Lizzard Lick, Tobbacoville, Meat Camp, Hookerton, Red Cross, Toast, Boogertown, ****** Mountain (no offense to anyone and they have changed the name, but that's what I grew up knowing it as), and many more.

I'm curious about the user name you chose; family name? I know a few Myers throughout the state (NC & GA).

Check out Carolina Shooters

Welcome to the ODT. We are glad you joined,,,,,,,beware though, Presently there are no support groups, prescriptions or antedotes for the addiction that is looming over your head since joining. So just sit back, join in, hang on and enjoy,,,,, :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom