• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New Gas Tax on the Way

buttplate

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Has anyone else called the govenor to ask that he NOT sign into law a bill that will increase gas prices by 26 cents, I did. Looks like he didn't get my message. It was just on the news that he plans to sign it tomorrow.

I voted for him and now this is how he thanks those of us who put him back in the govenor's chair.

If the media got me I stand corrected but if it goes up 1 cent sham on him. We can not affordmore taxes so that some SOB can pass us in the go fast Peach lane thadt WE are paying to maintain.

On the news last night they said $.06 increase.

While I dont agree with paying anymore than I was $.06 isnt a lot. If I didnt hear about it I would have just thought that gas itself was going up, not a tax.

If gas was $1.00 or so more per gallon (as it has been) the new tax would actually make the price LOWER. It's only going up because gas is (relatively) low right now. We are going from a percentage sales tax to an excise tax. It's a good move in 'principle'. What is NOT a good move is indexing it to inflation so that it automatically increases. That was an 11th hour slimy move.

Not defending the decision or saying it's right, but I believe if you check the current tax rate you will find its going up about 4-6 cents, not 26 cents. Media "gotcha" alert.

It has the potential to be that bad because buried in the fine print is that it lets local cities and counties tack on their own fuel taxes. Which of course they will attempt to do as soon as the ink dries.

Back
Top Bottom