• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New "Good Deal" & "Deal of The Day" Features!

Can we see how much interest there is in a "rip off of the day" feature. Or at least maybe something a bit more "PC" for listings that choose to have closed comments on obviously poor deals or misleading information. I picked up a few likes in a short time with this comment in another thread.

Never going to happen.

Never going to happen.
giphy.gif

That idea has been floated in one form or another since practically day one, and there is absolutely zero chance of it happening.

Well I do understand the meaning of: It will never happen. Could you be nice enough to give a brief explanation as why this is the case to satisfy my curiosity?

Well I do understand the meaning of: It will never happen. Could you be nice enough to give a brief explanation as why this is the case to satisfy my curiosity?

The concept that everyone is free to ask whatever price they want for their item without getting hassled over it has been in place since day 1 here. If the price is too high the item won't sell and it's no one's business but the seller's. If you don't like a price, the only necessary action is to hit the back button and move on. There's just nothing to be gained by publicly ridiculing someone over what they want for their stuff.

Makes sense. I guess my reasoning would be that certain people may get taken advantage of. Rather than bashing people or trying to protect others from poor deals, the purchaser should educate themselves. Its easy to do a google search on current prices. Thats usually what I do.
Very old items that are difficult to research unless you're a gun guru may walk a grey line. I still think that comment section should be always open so public questions can be asked openly. Ive learned a few things from some of these. Not buying an item that was refinished, had 3rd party grips, Mismatched parts, was subjected to a recall, had unsafe safety, ect... Not everyone will be aware of these even if researched sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom